Acupuncture Northern Suburbs
Our Chinese medicine and Acupuncture clinic is located in the heart of Coburg on Sydney Rd. The Clinic was established in 2012 by Dr. Michael Warren (Acupuncturist). We provide Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Cupping (including Bleeding and Wet Cupping), Dry Needling, as well as good common sense advice and support. Our clinic is comfortable and inviting and is not easily missed due to the black sign with the Japanese print, which can be easily seen from the street.
We service patients from Coburg and surrounding Inner City such as Brunswick, Pascoe Vale, Preston, Fawkner, Thornbury, Reservoir. We also see clients for Chinese medicine and Acupuncture from the surrounding North such as Epping, Thomastown, Lalor, Glenroy and Broadmeadows.
Our special interest areas include
Call us to arrange an appointment on ☎ 03 9041 6569 or click the button to book an appointment online
Combining Modern and Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
Dr Michael Warren is the owner operator of Coburg Chinese Medicine. He provides Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in Melbourne and is a qualified and nationally registered Acupuncturist, Chinese Herbalist and Chinese Herbal Dispenser with the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia and a member of the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA).
He has a passion for this traditional medicine and is committed to work with you towards health goals. He takes a plain speaking and common sense approach to healthcare, as he understands that at times the whole medical process can be difficult to navigate and overwhelming at times. Michael will work with you to make sense of it all.
- Master of Applied Science - Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Bachelor of Health Science - Acupuncture
- Diploma of Chinese Remedial Massage
- Certificate IV - Massage Therapy Practice
- Fundamentals Course in Traditional Japanese Acupuncture
- Traditional Japanese moxibustion therapy
- Advanced Chinese Acupuncture Studies Internship in Guangxi, China in in the Orthopaedic, Gynaecology Traumatology and Gastrointestinal wards.
Michael regularly undertakes ongoing training to keep abreast of modern Chinese medicine and Acupuncture developments and understandings.
What Can Acupuncture Treat?
This is good question with a rather complex answer. Acupuncture can treat and help with a number of symptoms and health conditions including many types of pain and evidence seems to point that acupuncture is useful in treating many more. Rather than writing out a long list of conditions that acupuncture can help with the button below to learn more about what Chinese medicine can be used to treat with some of the research and evidence supporting it's use. At our clinic we work with patients with a wide variety of health concerns. We have clinical experience working with pain, especially low back, neck and shoulder pain, IVF, fertility, menopause, digestive health, depression and anxiety disorders.
What Is a Acupuncture Treatment Like?
When working with you, we begin by looking at everything going on with you and your body. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine look at the mind and body as a whole. We will then ask about your main symptoms, how they affect you and how long you have had them . We will then review other aspects of your health like your activities, sleep quality, aches and pains pain and energy levels. After palpating your pulse and/or abdomen, we then decide upon a course of treatment that we will discuss with you. We will then place in the needles in points throughout the body and leave them in place for 10-20 minutes. We may also ask you to roll over and place some more needles in. For some treatments we use cupping, moxibustion or dry needling. We will discuss this with you on the day of your acupuncture appointment.
What Other Services Are Available?
Chinese Herbal Medicine Melbourne
- We have a fully stocked raw Chinese herbal dispensary, along with a chinese granules and pills. Herbal formulas are individualised and dispensed according to our patients needs.
Hijama Cupping Melbourne
- We are very experienced in providing normal dry cupping, bleeding and wet cupping in a relaxing and clean environment.
- Dry needling is a type of acupuncture used for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. The best person to perform dry needling is a registered acupuncturist.